If you're moving to Maui, you've made a great choice, as this Hawaiian island offers picturesque scenery and a wonderful quality of life. Trust the realtors of GM Maui Group to help you find the perfect property to call home. However, finding a place to live is just the first step. The below resources explain how to prepare for a hassle-free move to Hawaii.
Plan the Details for a Seamless Move
Planning your transition in advance will save stress when you arrive.
- Research essential details about your new home state before you go, like Hawaii property tax and income tax, so you can prepare financially.
- Use an online directory to get quotes from movers who do out-of-state moves.
- Declutter before you move with a room-by-room checklist to nix items you don't need.
- As you pack up your home, label your boxes according to a clearly defined system to make it easier to get organized in the new house.
Research Your Go-To Local Resources
Knowing where to access basic goods and services can be a relief when you're in new surroundings.
- Once you've arrived in your new Maui home, get the utilities services set up as soon as possible.
- Locate the nearest DMV so you can get your Hawaiian driver's license.
- Search a directory of Maui healthcare providers to find healthcare professionals for you and your family.
- Don't forget your pet's medical care! Research licensed veterinarians via an official database.
Look for Ways to Connect with Your New Community
With the tedious tasks above taken care of, it's time to focus on the fun part—getting to know your new community.
- Hawaii is renowned for its snorkeling. Look up some of the best locations in Maui and take a trip.
- Research locally owned businesses like restaurants and coffee shops so you can support your new community and connect with locals.
- As you get to know people, invite them for activities. Golf is one option and Maui features many great courses worth checking out.
- Hiking is another favorite activity on the islands. Consult a trail guide to plan an excursion with your new friends.
Moving to Maui is an exciting step. While it will take some time to make the transition and get settled, it will be well worth it. Soon enough, you'll be calling this island paradise home.