Have you been craving something new these days?
Need to shake up that boring lunchtime routine, but don’t want to break the bank in doing so?
Do you love supporting new local businesses?
Then let Gary clue you in to one of Maui’s fastest-growing hotspots for local island grub – the food trucks of Kihei Station! Located on Pi’ikea Avenue one block up from South Kihei Road (right behind the mauka side of the Azeka plaza), these burgeoning businesses are standing at the ready to feed you their unique dishes in a one-of-a-kind atmosphere. From classic burgers and fries to BBQ and Thai, these food trucks have quickly become a staple of Maui’s impressive food scene since their inception back in 2017.
Wondering where to get started? Here are but a few of the amazing trucks that are located within the plaza:
- Vidad's Local Kine Grindz: delicious bowls and noodles, all with an island flare
- Tsunami Burger: juicy burgers, and don’t miss out on those fries!
- Da Nani Pirates: arrrrgh, matey: unbelievable BBQ ahoy
- Kraken Coffee: every kind of caffeinated delight at your fingertips, and always with aloha
- Sol Brothers Southern BBQ: doesn’t it make your mouth water just reading their name?
- Wings King Maui: the name just about says it all!
So the next time you’re holoholo in South Maui and looking for some serious ono grindz, make sure you stop in to the food trucks of Kihei Station behind the Azeka plaza. They’ll satisfy your hunger and keep a few coins jingling in your pocket for later. Aloha!