Howzit, folks? As you already know, Maui is home to some of the most-desirable real estate one could hope to find – and that is due in no small part to the scenic wonder of the Valley Isle! With natural beauty as far as the eye can see, Maui is also home to some of the very best beaches in the entire world. Today, the GM Maui team would like to share our five favorite south shore beaches -- conveniently located near to our office, of course -- to add to your to-do list:
- Keawakapu Beach: It’s always important to lead off with a strong suit, which is why Keawakapu is the very first beach on our list! Situated right where Kihei melds into Wailea, it has previously been voted the ‘World’s Best Beach’ by Conde Nast and is also home to some of the most exclusive real estate in all the world across its shoreline --- check out our last blog to see just how exclusive some of these homes truly are! Do yourself a favor and make sure to check this one out.
- Polo Beach: Located right in the heart of Wailea, gorgeous Polo Beach sits right in between the Fairmont Kea Lani Resort and the Maui Polo Beach Club. A long, crescent-shaped beach that offers spectacular views of Molokini in the distance, this classy locale has full amenities onsite (showers) and should definitely be on your list of beaches to visit! Great for swimming, kicking back, and enjoying a pristine sunset.
- Palauea Beach: Palauea, also known as White Rock Beach, is one of the most beautiful beaches in all of Maui. Located near to the many resorts of Wailea, rain and strong trade winds are rare at this location, owing to the bay’s unique location relative to Haleakala. Featuring unbelievably soft sands and awe-inspiring sunsets, this beach is also one of the island’s best snorkeling spots to be enjoyed. Keep this one in mind for all your post-wedding snorkeling as well! Take note, though: Palauea does not have facilities on site to use, other than a Port-a-Potty.
- Po’olenalena Beach: Po'olenalena Beach, which some locals might also call Love Beach or Makena Surf Beach, gives a unique atmosphere in Wailea. Long a favorite of the local crowd, this beach is nearly 0.5 miles long and is a wonderful place to enjoy the sun, the sand, and the surf. There should be plenty of parking, but we recommend getting here early – things tend to fill up fast!
- Secret Cove: Although its name is more of a misnomer in the digital age, Secret Cove (also known as Makena Cove Beach) is situated within a residential neighborhood in Makena. Long a favorite for residents and tourists alike, this small-yet-dazzling beach might be one of the most gorgeous places in all of Hawaii – and isn’t that saying something?! For those able to swing it, come to Secret Cove as early as you can: things can get a bit crowded later on in the day and street parking is usually always at a premium no matter when you go.
If you’re in serious need of having a little more beach time in your life, then you’d best give the GM Maui Team a call ASAP. We’ll bring the expertise that will have you sitting with your toes in the sand in no time – complete with the house in paradise you’ve always been dreaming of. Aloha!